Thursday, March 20, 2008

Screw M/W/F...


...I'll post whenever I feel like it, this isn't a web comic. Save for maybe the weekends, I probably won't post then (that's when I sleep, don't cha know!) I don't know what I was thinking, schedules are silly.

In other news, I was stumbling along today when I ran across this one site, Musicovery. Anyone heard of it? Well, in case you haven't, it's this website essentially meant as a means to help you discover some new tunes (Get it, Musicovery? Like "music" and "discovery"? haha.) Now, based on what I just said it kind of sounds like Last.FM or something, right? So you might be asking why bother with it. Well, friends, it's a little more than that. While Last.FM leads you to new music based on what your listening to already, Musicovery finds you new music based on mood, picking an initial song to match a given mood, and then creating an appropriate web of related songs. Neat, huh? As a matter of fact, since selecting "Energetic/Positive" I've been led from Abba's "Mama Mia", to Daft Punk's "One More Time", Cool and the Gang's "Celebration", and even right now All Saint's (absolutely incredible) "Lady Marmalade" cover. It's lots of fun, and if you're in the mood to listen to something a little different than what you're used to (in my case, pretentious indie sh!t), then I suggest dropping by and checking it out.

In other news, I'm inlove with Belaire. That's them up there at the top. Aren't they cute? I doubt most of you would know just how much I love this band, and who could blame you? It's only the third post! Ask anyone who actually knows me though and you'll quickly find out, I truly am head-over-heels for this bunch of Austinites. For a while there I was pretty sad, and at times even quite upset with them, due to their almost year-long hiatus (brought on by a lack of members.) Well, they finally got around to replacing said members, and I'm excited to announce will be going on tour starting in late April. First show's April 25 @ The Mohawk in Austin, for anyone who might wanna come out and see 'em live. And of course, for those of you who are unfamiliar with their work, it'll be their mp3's that get posted today. Trust me, they're friggin' amazing.

[mp3] Belaire- Step Step Step
[mp3] Belaire- Back Into The Wall

I was so much more excited about that second link than you can imagine. I think it has something to do with my listening to their actual CD so much, I'd kind of forgotten about their pre-studio album releases. And then finding this oldie-but-goodie? Oh my. You have no idea.

1 comment:

Cynthia Weston said...

Belaire is fucking awesome. Cari is all sorts of great. I did an interview with her a few weeks ago, if you're interested -- http://cynthiaweston.blogspot.com

I dig your blog!