Sunday, March 23, 2008

Intense

I think that's the theme for today. I mean, I spent another day cooped up with about 5000 people who are, in one way or another, related to me. Needless to say, that was intense. That photo up there? That's pretty intense. And the band of the day? Super intense. Like, you have no idea.

But just what band is this, you might be wondering? Well, they generally go by the name Followed By Ghosts, and currently reside in none other than Waverly, Iowa--which, indecently, is home to the Waverly Light and Power Co., a front runner in the development of soy-based transformer oil (or so says wikipedia)--but that's another article, likely, for another blog. Perhaps TreeHugger? I digress, though. Then again, as long as were off topic, I'd like to take this opportunity to rant a bit about the aforementioned photo--or, more precisely, who took it. The picture was found rummaging through dA today (and is also the means by which I discovered FBG), and was taken by a user ~mattpulpfree, who, let me just say right now, is absolutely incredible. Seriously, go check out his gallery. It's awesome.

Okay, but enough with the tangents already. Back to the music, baby. Whew, so where were we? Oh yeah, Followed By Ghosts. Well, I actually don't know a whole lot about them (I know, tsk tsk), however when filling out the "sounds like" category on their myspace, the boys responded with: "Steam gently releasing from a mountain, and then WHAM, an eruption of melodic guitars and molten hot awesome."

I concur, fellas, I concur.

[mp3] Followed By Ghosts- The Entire City Was Silent
[mp3] Followed By Ghosts- Riga

All Mp3's should work, as I tested the links in Windows Media Player as well as Winamp (file-->open URL), so, fingers crossed everybody. Also, they've got a CD out, "The Entire City Was Silent", which you can snag at CDBaby.com (which, of course, I highly recommend doing.)

Oh yeah, and did I mention they were strictly intrumental? I know. Intense.

No comments: