Saturday, March 29, 2008

Giant Drag

Oh, Giant Drag, Giant Drag, Giant Drag. If names are a reflection of their owners, than what a silly one this is, because when you get down to it, they're really anything but. While it's true Giant Drag has been described as a sort of "new grunge", this band is by no means boring and angsty. No, rather, they're one of the coolest bands, with one of the most laid back sounds, I've ever come across, preferring dulcet rhythm lines to upbeat pop sounds. Plus, it's fronted by none other than GTFU Radio's Annie Hardy. Seriously, I mean, how much cooler can you get?

(--Alright, I really just need to take a minute from writing about Giant Drag and regain my composure because the HD DVD promotion group has officially resigned. Like, today. No more HD DVD. Anymore. As of today. Holy crap. Blu-ray has won the war.)

M'kay, please excuse that nerd-tastic outburst. Where were we? Oh yeah, I think I was getting to the part where I tell you about their latest album, or their next tour, or whatever.

Well, that's the thing. They're last album was Hearts and Unicorns, which can hardly be called recent, and they're not currently on tour, so, what exactly am I going to do now? Tell you about the CD thats currently in the works, of course! You see, at the moment Giant Drags attempting to make another album happen, however...well...they're kind of in dire need of financing, you know?

I'm sure you're wondering how you can help, right? Of course! Actually, it's quite simple, just drop by their website and click the "Donate Button", plus every thing's done via PayPal so it's quick and painless! And, now that I'm done with that schpiel, we can proceed with todays (tonights? this mornings?) song postings. I know, your excited.

[mp3] Giant Drag- High Friends in Places
[mp3] Giant Drag- Oh Father

The first one comes to us off of Hearts and Unicorns, whereas the second one, a Madonna cover, is brought to us by the lovely folks over at Manimal Vinyl Records, and is one of many on their compilation charity album Through the Wilderness, with 25% of all net profits going towards Raising Malawi. Check out their site (Raising Malawi's, that is) for more information, visit the official myspace page of the album, or (allegedly) order a copy of the CD via RedEye (though I say 'allegedly' because I've yet to have any luck with that.)

And, of course to hear more songs you can always hop on over to Giant Drag's Myspace page.

No comments: