Monday, March 24, 2008

I Heart Ver Sacrum

37 hours and counting.

That's how long I've been awake now, and let me tell you, it effing sucks. Ugh, I can't wait to get this posted and then finally hit the hay!

So, as you may or may not have guess from the title today it's all about Ver Sacrum. Last night I gave the archives a once over and realized that I hadn't so much as mentioned them in passing, none the less given them the full post they've rightfully earned. That being the case I immediately resolved to set things straight by the next post, and this, my friends, is that post.

Hailing from up north, Canada's Ver Sacrum offers up for us experimental instrumentals, which play off nicely against the raw lyrics of their songs, and recorded in expert lo-fi fashion. Exquisit is the only word I can think of that even comes close to describing it. And on top of that, the music it's self is just happy. It's happy, and it makes you happy. I mean, look at them up there? When the musicians are that pleased with what's up, how can it not trickle down to the listener? Personally, "Flying South" has probably ended up being my favorite of their songs, closely followed by both "Cod'ine", and their cover of "Please Please Me", by...Oh dear, I always forget who sung originally penned that song. The Beat Alls? The Spiders? The Snails? Something like that.

Anyways, no mp3's today. No need. Hop on over to myspace.com/helloversacrum (their official page), check them out, download to your heart's content. They're cool with it, really.

Night ya'll. Hope everyone had a great easter, eh?

No comments: