Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Art Party + Trash Trash Trash

The Art Party: Grassroots political party/Collective of progressive hippies (and as a member, I of course mean that in the best possible way) based out of New Orleans, with little branches all over the place.

Trash Trash Trash: Experimental (Hip Hop? Indie? I don't know) band, also hailing from the big easy, who dig singing songs about pot and are currently out of commission (talk about lame.)

So then, how are these two connected? And more importantly, if Trash Trash Trash isn't up to anything why am I writing about them? Well, the answer is propaganda--I mean, PR. Gotta represent, you know?

You see, Trash Trash Trash is a big proponent of said "Art Party", and I'm a big proponent of both. That being said it makes sense for me to give a shout out, no? Exactly.

I really can't say that much though, with out inadvertently repeating something you'd find on either their myspace or the party's website, so I'm not going to ramble on--however, if free albums are what you're into feel free to drop by Trash Trash Trash's page on Last.FM, where you can download their entire EP, 100% free.

And for anyone who'd like a quick sample of their work, I give you:

[mp3] Trash Trash Trash- Art Hrs
[mp3] Trash Trash Trash- Hash Stash

There ya go. And check this out, I finally started hosting my own files (mostly because I was tired of scowering the interweb for 'em.)

w00t!

No comments: