Sunday, July 20, 2008

Jackpot, Anybody?

Alright, so, today I'm taking a break from writing about some fabulous-yet-unheard-of band (not that I've been keeping up with that lately anyways, but whatever) in favour of sharing what might just be the greatest thing I've ever stumbled upon.

http://78records.cdbpdx.com/


There's not a whole lot I can say in regards to this site that isn't already explained by the author on the page. What I can do, however, is vouch for it's complete and total awesomeness. Seriously, I've spent the last couple of hours just looking through this thing, finding gem after gem.

Today's song links are to give you a taste of what's to be found on this epic site. Do enjoy, kids.

[mp3] Count Basie - Basie Boogie
[mp3] Ella Fitzgerald w/ Louie Armstrong - Can Anyone Explain

Ahh, I just love the noise in the background.

No comments: